Website Terms and Conditions
The terms “Hutchison Flooring”, “us”, “our” or “we” refers to the owner of this website (V.A. Hutchison Flooring Ltd.). The term “you” or “your” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by us and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
We do not warrant that the Website will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use. We shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses or other code that may affect, any computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to or use of the Website or your obtaining any material from, or as a result of using, the Website. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties.
This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Access to the Website may be suspended or withdrawn to or from you personally or all users temporarily or permanently at any time and without notice. We may also impose restrictions on the length and manner of usage of any part of the Website for any reason. If we impose restrictions on you personally, you must not attempt to use the Website under any other name or user.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st November 2011.
What we collect…
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Computer IP address
Why We Collect Your Personal Data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We may use your data in order to manage the website, detect fraud or website abuse, send you information relevant to the website or the products and in case we have any queries.
We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you must enter your email address.
Your IP address will automatically be logged with us to help us detect / prevent fraud, website abuse, and prohibited activity.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our products and third parties which we think you may find interesting.
All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the address on the Contact Us page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or wish to be removed from our details, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your usage of this website
You shall not in any way use this website, submit to us, the website, or to any user of the website, anything which in any respect:
- Is in breach of any law, statute, regulation or byelaw of any applicable jurisdiction;
- Is fraudulent, criminal or unlawful;
- Is inaccurate or out-of-date;
- May be obscene, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, derogatory, harmful, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, malicious, abusive, hateful, menacing, defamatory, untrue or political;
- Impersonates any other person or body or misrepresents a relationship with any person or body;
- May infringe or breach the copyright or any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trade mark rights and broadcasting rights) or privacy or other rights of us or any third party;
- May be contrary to our interests (i.e. spam);
- Is contrary to any specific rule or requirement that we stipulate on the website in relation to a particular part of the website or the website generally; OR
- Involves your use, delivery or transmission of any viruses, unsolicited emails, trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
Colours & appearance
Our products are derived from natural sources and so are subject to natural variations in colour, shade and general appearance. The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This website and its content is copyright of “Hutchison Flooring” © V.A. Hutchison Flooring Ltd. 2007 – 2011. All Rights Reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may print, or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
None of the above Terms and Conditions affect your statutory consumer rights.
Director: V.A. Hutchison
Registered in England: 2465580
Registered Office: Cawley Place, 15 Cawley Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1UZ, England
Vat Reg No. 194 1682 42
Sales – Account holders to pay on all goods received or collected within 14 days. Non account holders must pay prior to delivery or collection.
Delivery costs on application.
Payment by credit card is welcome, however will incur a 2% additional cost.
Refunds – Any returns will be subjected to a 20% re-stocking cost and must be undamaged and correctly packaged, which has not been opened by the customer.
Supply and Fit – All domestic customers will be required to pay a deposit of 50% in advance of any work commenced.
All companies will be checked for credit and pending this report may require an advance payment before any work starts. All invoices should be paid within 30 days or unless prior agreement is arranged.
Terms and Conditions for contract site work
- The Relative Humidity Reading in the building should be between 35-to-65%.
- The moisture content of the base should be 5% or less, or below 75% Relative Humidity.
- Sub-floor levels should not deviate more than 3mm over a 3 Lineal Metre Straight Edge.
- If the base is not within the above tolerances it is the builders’ responsibility to achieve these tolerances.
Terms & Conditions
- On every contract using seal – 72 hours before floor to be used.
- On unfinished floors two coats are acceptable for performance but appearance is not always perfect – to achieve performance and appearance 3 coats are required any additional coats will be at extra cost.
- If the contract involves sanding we take all precautions necessary, however, we cannot be held responsible for any dust which may be formed during sanding operation.
- Flooring Protection is not provided.
- Unless specified in our quotation, finishing components such as Scotia, Quadrant, Threshold Strips, and Pipe Covers, and liquid DPM are at an Extra Over Cost.
- If trims are not included in the order, prior to the commencement of the project, we will require an order for additional trims. A minimum charge of £200.00 per day, plus the price of the trim, will be charged to the builder for completing these works.
- Quotation prices are subject to site visit.
- Unless Specified all Quotations are based on the sub-floor being level.
- In premises which are furnished all carpeting and furniture to be removed by client prior to commencement of flooring.
- Due to delivery costs increasing excessively: Builders must give us 10 working days notice, prior to starting work on site. Otherwise there will be a contracharge of £300.00 for deliveries.
- This quote supersedes all others.
Conditions for underfloor heating
- The underfloor heating system must of a recognized make which carries its own heating circuit and has its own separate thermostat for heat regulation etc, this ensures the flow temperature is not too high.
- The temperature on the surface of the boards should not exceed 27oC, this should be monitored and adjusted as required.
- The heating system must be commissioned before installation and should be set to a minimum during installation and gradually raised to the required temperature on completion.
- The heating system must provide an even temperature distribution.
- Wood is a living material and can move excessively if these guidelines are not complied with.
General Terms & Conditions of Business
Until full payment has been received by V.A. Hutchison Flooring Ltd. for the materials, Labour and any other product, which may be provided to the client under this or any other contract between Hutchison Flooring, the Builder and or the client, the property shall remain with Hutchison Flooring. If before full payment is received a Receiver is appointed over any of the clients assets, or undertaking or winding-up order is made against the client, or the client goes into voluntary liquidation (otherwise than for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation) or calls a meeting of or makes any arrangement or composition with its creditors or commits any act of bankruptcy the client shall place the products at the disposal of V.A. Hutchison Flooring Ltd. and we shall be entitled to enter upon the clients premises or premises of any third party in possession of the products for the purpose of removing the products.